EFFECTS of NADH
NADH has a three-fold effect:
1. A potent biological antioxidant. NADH is proposed to quench any and every kind of free
radical species intracellularly, and keeps other antioxidants e.g. Vitamin E, glutathione,
Vitamin C, etc., in their active reduced states. NADH enters cells and mitochondria
2. Neurotransmitter potentiating effect, via increased synthesis of Noradrenaline,
Dopamine and Acetyl Choline.
3. High Energy Supplement With clinical uses in sports nutrition and as a smart drug due
to its relative ease in crossing the blood brain barrier.
Deficiency of Dopamine (DA) in the basal ganglia is considered to be the cause of
Parkinson's Disease (PD). The
conversion sequence of of L-Tyrosine to L-Dopa to Dopamine is under the influence of the
enzyme Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH). TH requires the presence of the co-factor H4-Biopetrin
which is reduced in Parkinson's Disease by 50%. NADH is a co-enzyme of this co-factor.
1. Parkinson's Disease: A number of studies have demonstrated over 90% of the patients
showed improvement in the
symptoms. Homo Valenic Acid (HVA) urine levels which is indicative of Dopamine's synthesis
were high in Parkinson's Disease patients after supplementation with NADH.
2. Alzheimer's Disease: Low NADH levels were observed in Alzheimer's patients. Two week
treatment with 10 mg NADH showed a 240% increase as observed by Ubiquione Reductase a
clinical marker of NADH. Along with this increase noticeable improvements were observed in
the patients cognitive functions and memory.
3. Depression: Over 93% of the patients exhibited a beneficial effect when given NADH
orally. Other studies have shown that when treating Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's
Disease the patient showed relief of depression.
4. Other Clinical Uses: Because of the high energy potential, it is envisioned that NADH
will have a significant positive
effect in the following conditions: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis,
Cardiology, Autoimmune Disease and as a Smart Drug and in Sports Nutrition.
To order ENADA® NADH The
Energizing Coenzyme, click below